Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bountiful Basket Review


This is the first time we have ordered a basket, and we found it to be quite bountiful. I noticed a few other sites reviewed their experience--here is one more review.

Advantages:
  • It was very fast to order and pick up.
  • I had to stop by my regular grocery store after, and I did a quick price comparison. We saved at least $6--and my grocery store has amazing produce prices.
  • The rye bread (sourdough with a hint of rye and caraway) was good. We have no good rye bread available in this area unless we make it.
  • The quality of the produce was good. The bananas were especially good. The zucchini was perfect. The pineapple was underripe, so I can't comment on quality yet.
Disadvantages
  • I would have made different choices from the store. I rarely buy tomatoes in the winter. I like to pick my produce.
  • I would be interested to know what is in the basket each week before I buy it--or at least know what has been in past baskets to get an idea of the variety.
  • This is not a CSA, and my guess is that the choices are quite basic (no kohlrabi here). But then again, there were comice pears in the basket, and my local store never carries that pear.
I will order again, but I like to shop for produce, so I probably will not be a weekly customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment